Vice-ministry of Higher Education
Actualizado: 19 de diciembre de 2015
Under the current decree of functions of the Ministry (Decree 1306 of 2009), the Vice-ministry has two divisions and they, in turn, have two sub-divisions:
1. Division of Quality for Higher Education
1.1 Sub-division of Quality Assurance.
1.2 Sub-division of Inspection and Surveillance
2. Division of Promotion of Higher Education
2.1 Sub-division of Management Support to Institutions of Higher Education.
2.2 Sub-division of Sectorial Development for Higher Education.
Each of the divisions and sub-divisions of the Vice-ministry of Higher Education carry out the specific functions mentioned in Decree 1306 of 2009, and constitute the administrative units in which the different actions indicated by the legal framework in relation to the implementation of strategies and programs of the Quality Assurance System take place, as well as the performance of the role of inspection and monitoring, the promotion and support to management of higher education institutions and the implementation of strategies that contribute to the incorporation, analysis and dissemination of the system information.
Actualizado: 22 de enero de 2016
Education for Work and Human Development is part of the public education service and responds to the purposes of education enshrined in Article 5 of Law 115 of 1994. It is offered in order to complement, update, supplement knowledge, and form in academic or labor issues and leads to obtaining certificates of occupational proficiency.
It comprises a permanent, personal, social and cultural education, based on a comprehensive conception of the individual, in which an institution organizes an educational project structured in flexible curricula without being subject to the system of levels and degrees of formal education.
According to the provisions of Decree 2020 of 2006, it is understood that "education for work": "... the formative educational process, organized and systematic, by which people, throughout their lives, acquire and develop specific or cross-cutting work skills related to one or several occupational fields referred to in the National Classification of Occupations, which allow them to exercise a productive activity as an employee or entrepreneur individually or collectively".
The fundamental goals of this educational offering are:
- Promote training in work practice by developing technical expertise and skills as well as training for artisanal, artistic, recreational and occupational performance, protection and use of natural resources and citizen and community participation in the development of specific skills.
- Contribute to the integral and permanent training of people by complementing, updating and educating in academic or labor issues, by offering flexible programs consistent with the needs and expectations of the individual, society, labor market demands, the productive sector and the characteristics of the culture and environment.
Actualizado: 19 de diciembre de 2015
Higher education is offered at two levels: undergraduate and postgraduate education.
The undergraduate level has, in turn, three levels of training:
- Technical Professional Level (related to Technical Professional programs).
- Technological Level (related to technological programs).
- Professional Level (related to professional university programs).
Postgraduate education includes the following levels:
- Specializations (related to programs of Technical Professional Specialization, Technological Specialization and Professional Specializations).
- Master's Degrees.
- Doctoral Degrees.
Formal undergraduate programs can be accessed by those accrediting bachelor's degree and the State exam, which is the official mandatory exam presented by students graduated from secondary education who wish to continue higher education studies.
Actualizado: 19 de diciembre de 2015
The Vice-ministry of Higher Education supports the development and adoption of policies, plans and projects related to higher education in Colombia. This division is responsible for giving support to the Minister's Office in the coordination and articulation of intersectoral relations with the bodies and agencies involved in the different roles of the system of quality assurance of higher education in the country.
The Vice-ministry of Higher Education was created as part of the organizational structure of the Ministry of National Education, with the reform introduced in higher education with Decree 2230 of 2003.
Actualizado: 19 de febrero de 2019
THE MINISTRY OF NATIONAL EDUCATION ANNOUNCES THE NEW REGULATION FOR PROCESSES OF VALIDATION OF FOREIGN ACADEMIC DEGREES:
Those through Resolution No 06950 of May15, 2015, the procedures and requirements for the recognition of degrees granted by foreign higher education institutions or institutions legally recognized by the competent authority in the respective country to grant higher education degrees are modified.
The Ministry of National Education provides all the necessary advice at no cost and does not provide any information through outside persons or intermediate agents. For more information use the channels provided for this purpose.
2.1. General requirements
Remember that these documents must be digitized and loaded into our VUMEN Validations system
- Photocopy of ID
- Photocopy of the identity card, foreigner's identification card or valid passport
Photocopy of the degree that will be validated, duly legalized or apostilled in the country of origin. To validate postgraduate degrees you must attach your undergraduate degree if it is national or the resolution of recognition of the undergraduate degree if it is international.
Transcript of the program corresponding to the degree that will be validated, duly authenticated or apostilled in the country of origin
2.3. Special requirements
Remember that to validate undergraduate degrees in accounting, you must prove specific studies:
- Commercial, tax, and labor law.
- Accounting rules and concepts of International Financial Reporting Standards - IFRS.
- These studies should be accomplished, approved and certified by an institution of higher education in Colombia with the Public Accounting Program with official registration.
Remember that to validate undergraduate degrees in law you must prove specific studies:
- Colombian Constitutional Law.
- Administrative Law
- Special Civil Procedural, Administrative, Criminal and Labor Law
- These studies should be accomplished, approved and certified by an institution of higher education in Colombia with the Program of Law with official registration.
Remember that to validate undergraduate degrees in health you must prove specific studies
For undergraduate degrees:
Certification of performance of a rotating internship, duly legalized or apostilled.
For postgraduate degrees:
a) Surgical or consultation record issued by bodies or institutions authorized to develop academic and welfare activities in the area of health.
b) Documents proving academic and welfare activities.
3. COST AND DURATION
Cost of the validation process
Under resolution 2590 of 2012, the rates set for the process of validation of foreign higher education degrees by 2015, are:
UNDERGRADUATE: $ 607,000 Colombian Pesos
POSTGRADUATE: $ 689.800 Colombian Pesos
To make the payment, you will receive a notice of our information system to the email address entered; payment will be made by PSE (Secure Online Payment) this is why you must verify that your bank is on the list of registered banks for this service. Make sure your savings account, has the option to make electronic payments through PSE enabled.
The validation process can take from 2 to 4 months, depending on the type of processing assigned to your application.