Attention to Procedures of Quality Assurance of Higher Education
This service aims to resolve in a timely and effective manner, the applications of procedures related to quality assurance of higher education in Colombia.
The scope of this service is to receive and provide information, manage and respond to all applications related to:
- Authorization of creation of sectional Higher Education Institutions
- Approval of the study of feasibility for the creation of official Institutions of Higher Education
- Certificate of Existence and Legal Representation of Institutions of Higher Education
- Certification of Eligibility of the postgraduate degree for being promoted to grade 14th in the Teaching Promotion List
- Issuance of certification of academic programs of Higher Education Institutions
- Registration of rectors and legal representatives of Higher Education Institutions
- High Quality Accreditation of Academic Programs or Institutions of Higher Education
- Recognition as a University of a university institution or technological school
- Recognition of legal personality of private Higher Education Institutions
- Redefinition to Offer Programs by Propaedeutic Cycles
- Qualified Registration
- Change of Academic Character
- Recognition of titles obtained abroad
- Legalization of documents to study or work abroad
- Ratification of statutory reforms for Private Higher Education Institutions
- Verification of increases in financial entitlements
The Citizen Service Unit, the Division of Quality Assurance in Higher Education, the Division of Inspection and Supervision and the Division of Quality of Higher Education are responsible for providing this service timely and with quality attention.
As technological support, the Ministry of Education has several tools to facilitate the procedures and access to information that would enable the follow-up.
In addition to the institutional web page, the Ministry of National Education has the National Information System for Higher Education (SNIES), the System of Quality Assurance in Higher Education (SACES), the System of Citizen Service (SAC), the System of Validations and the Correspondence System (CORDIS).